You can log procedures through lists for them to count towards your certification. There are three typesof lists: dedicated, adhoc and service lists. You can currently log DOPS and DOPyS through dedicated and adhoc lists only. Service lists are used to log independent procedures only and a trainer cannot be assigned.
How to log a list:
- Click on ‘View all lists’ then ‘Add new list’ from the e-Portfolio tab
- Complete the mandatory boxes. For service lists, the trainer option will be greyed out. Ensure you select the appropriate ‘list type’ before proceeding. If the incorrect list type is selected, you will be required to manually re-enter all the data to the correct list option.
- Click create list once all the information is recorded. This will open the list options to allow you to submit procedure data, DOPS, trainer feedback and learning objectives. Select Record Procedure Data to submit procedure data and click on ‘save record’ once the procedure data is complete
- To record DOPS, click on Record DOPS (trainer to sign off). DOPS can be recorded for the following modalities:
- Formative DOPS: Diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (OGD)
- Formative DOPS: Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Formative DOPS: Endoscopic retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Formative DOPS: Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Formative DOPS: Paediatric colonoscopy
- Formative DOPS: Paediatric Upper GI (OGD)
- Formative DOPS: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Formative DOPS: Upper GI Bleeds
- Formative DOPS: Dilation/Stents
- Formative DOPyS: Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- The DOPS form must then be filled in with scores and comments by your trainer. It must be signed off by your trainer by them entering their password in the sign off box at the bottom of the page. DOPS will only count towards certification once they have been signed off by your trainer.
- A trainee can also leave feedback for their trainer following training list by clicking on ‘Submit Trainer Feedback’ whilst in the training list page. Once this has been submitted, the trainer can then see aggregated scores in their ‘ePortfolio’ under the tab which states ‘training feedback’.
Complete and incomplete lists
To complete a training list, procedures must be recorded, DOPS completed and signed off by trainer, and trainer feedback submitted. Once completed, the list will be marked as complete.
Lists will appear as incomplete if the trainee does not ‘Submit Trainer Feedback’. You need to click ‘submit trainer feedback’ then fill in form and then list shows as complete. See above steps on how to submit feedback.
If the above are not applicable then you can consider logging the list as an ad hoc or service list as these do not require all of the above to be added in order to be complete.
Please note if you are not linked to a trust, you can still add procedural information. It will show as a "manually added list" and only requires a procedure data to show as complete.
How to add a list for use during a training day
The purpose is to allow trainees to log DOPS when they are on a training course.
- Click on ‘Review My Portfolio’ then click on ‘Profile’ tab
- Scroll to ‘Additional sites not associated with a JETS Trust’ section
- Add the name of the relevant site and select the appropriate option from the list.
- Go to ‘ePortfolio’>’View all lists’ and then ‘Add new list’
- Select ‘adhoc training list’ from the list type drop down menu
- Select centre of the trainer/assessor from the drop down list
- Add new list and complete DOPS