Trainees can log procedures through lists and they will count towards certification. There are three types of lists: dedicated, adhoc and service lists. You can currently log DOPS and DOPyS through dedicated and adhoc lists only. Service lists are only used to log independent procedures and a trainer cannot be assigned to these lists.
How to log a list:
- Click Dashboard > Actions > Add new list
- Complete the mandatory boxes. For service lists, the trainer option will be greyed out. Ensure you select the appropriate list type before proceeding. If the wrong list type is selected, you will need to manually re-enter all the data to the correct list option.
- Click 'create list' once you have recorded all the information. This will open the list options to allow you to submit procedure data, DOPS, trainer feedback and learning objectives. Select 'new procedure' to submit the data and click 'save' once the procedure data is complete,
- To record DOPS, click 'Edit' under the DOPS column.
DOPS can be recorded for the following modalities:
- Formative DOPS: Diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (OGD)
- Formative DOPS: Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Formative DOPS: Endoscopic retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Formative DOPS: Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Formative DOPS: Paediatric colonoscopy
- Formative DOPS: Paediatric Upper GI (OGD)
- Formative DOPS: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Formative DOPS: Upper GI Bleeds
- Formative DOPS: Dilation/Stents
- Formative DOPyS: Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Your trainer must fill in the DOPS form with scores and comments. Your trainer must sign the form off entering their password in the sign off box at the bottom of the page. DOPS will only count towards certification once they have been signed off by your trainer.
- You can also leave feedback for your trainer following training lists by clicking 'Add feedback' on the training list page.