Trainees can log procedures through lists and they will count towards certification. There are three types of lists: dedicated, adhoc and service lists. You can currently log DOPS and DOPyS through dedicated and adhoc lists only. Service lists are only used to log independent procedures and a trainer cannot be assigned to these lists.
How to log a list:
- Click ePortfolio > View all lists
- Selece 'add new list'
- Complete the mandatory boxes. For service lists, the trainer option will be greyed out. Ensure you select the appropriate list type before proceeding. If the wrong list type is selected, you will need to manually re-enter all the data to the correct list option.
- Click 'create list' once you have recorded all the information. This will open the list options to allow you to submit procedure data, DOPS, trainer feedback and learning objectives. Select 'record procedure data' to submit the data and click 'save record' once the procedure data is complete,
- To record DOPS, click 'record DOPS (trainer to sign off)'. DOPS can be recorded for the following modalities:
- Formative DOPS: Diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (OGD)
- Formative DOPS: Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Formative DOPS: Endoscopic retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Formative DOPS: Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Formative DOPS: Paediatric colonoscopy
- Formative DOPS: Paediatric Upper GI (OGD)
- Formative DOPS: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Formative DOPS: Upper GI Bleeds
- Formative DOPS: Dilation/Stents
- Formative DOPyS: Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Your trainer must fill in the DOPS form with scores and comments. Your trainer must sign the form off entering their password in the sign off box at the bottom of the page. DOPS will only count towards certification once they have been signed off by your trainer.
- You can also leave feedback for your trainer following training lists by clicking 'submit trainer feedback' on the training list page. The trainer can see aggregated scores by clicking ePortfolio > Training feedback.
Complete and incomplete lists
To complete a training list, you must record the procedures, complete your DOPS, submit trainer feedback and make sure your trainer has signed the list off.
If the above are not applicable, you can consider logging the list as an ad hoc or service list as these do not require all of the above to be complete.
Please note if you are not linked to a trust, you can still add procedural information. It will show as a manually added list and only requires procedure data to show as complete.
How to add a list for use during a training day
Trainees may wish to log DOPS when they are on a training course. To do this:
- Click ePortfolio > Review my portfolio and select the Profile tab
- Scroll to the ‘additional sites not associated with a JETS trust’ section
- Add the name of the relevant site and select the appropriate option from the list.
- Go to ePortfolio > View all lists and select 'add new list'
- Under list type, select ‘adhoc training list’
- Select the relevant centre from the dropdown list
- Add the list and complete DOPS as normal.