JAG does not mandate requirements for CO2 monitoring, but recommends that procedure rooms have monitors with the ability to carry out ECGs and CO2 monitoring. JAG is aware that many units carry out bronchoscopy so would expect services with new builds to have monitors with this facility in procedure rooms.
Articles in this section
- Does JAG expect to see a full audit of a service’s Post Colonoscopy Colorectal Cancer Rates (PCCRC)?
- Does JAG have any guidance on general anaesthetic?
- Is it a requirement for blood pressure to be checked before an endoscopy procedure?
- Is it appropriate for services to send oral bowel preparation and enemas to patients through the post?
- What are JAG's requirements for CO2 monitoring?
- What are the systems in place for monitoring BSG outcomes and other adverse events within the endoscopy service?
- What is recommended best practice regarding HCG pregnancy testing in individuals of child bearing age attending for colonoscopy?