JAG does not mandate requirements for CO2 monitoring, but recommends that procedure rooms have monitors with the ability to carry out ECGs and CO2 monitoring. JAG is aware that many units carry out bronchoscopy so would expect services with new builds to have monitors with this facility in procedure rooms.
Articles in this section
- Do endoscopy services need to audit the comfort levels of all patients, or only patients that have been sedated?
- Does JAG have any guidance on general anaesthetic?
- Does JAG have any guidance on safe sedation and best practice for the frequency of documenting clinical observations?
- Is it a requirement for blood pressure to be checked before an endoscopy procedure?
- Is it appropriate for services to send oral bowel preparation and enemas to patients through the post?
- Should we be using disposable or reusable valves?
- What are JAG's requirements for CO2 monitoring?
- What is recommended best practice regarding HCG pregnancy testing in individuals of child bearing age attending for colonoscopy?
- When should gastric ulcers be rescoped?