JAG does not stipulate the scope of practice for extended nursing roles. This should be agreed by the trust and endoscopy nurses, and should be supported by appropriate training, competence and sign-off.
Articles in this section
- Does JAG have any guidance to support safe staffing for GA lists?
- Can endoscopy nurses remove gastronomy PEG tubes if they are not trained as first assistants?
- Why does JAG need to know the names of all staff at my service?
- Do management leads need to be healthcare professionals who have completed a recognised endoscopy course?
- Can we offer the role of training lead to a nurse endoscopist?
- How much time should clinical leads and training leads be given in their job planning?
- Does JAG mandate staffing levels?
- How does JAG assess staffing in endoscopy services?
- Can nurses draw up intravenous drugs used during endoscopy, or is this the responsibility of the endoscopist?
- What are the required staffing levels in a procedure room?