Decontamination services by an outside provider which is not part of the parent organisation should have the following:
- a clear contract identifying a service level agreement between the two organisations, in line with HTM 01-06 requirements
- leadership for decontamination services, linking directly to the point of delivery for the endoscopes
- an agreement to undertake the required audits for JAG
- external review of decontamination either by ISO certification or an IHEEM report carried out by AED
- clear policies, protocols and training for staff involved in the endoscope journey
- at the site accreditation visit, we would expect to see safe and contemporary practices within the endoscopy service, from the point at which the endoscope enters the organisation, to when it leaves it.