Mandatory template 5 - IHEEM AED audit checklist needs to be completed by the Authorising Engineer (Decontamination). It should be submitted with a service's evidence in PDF format.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find the Infection Prevention Society (IPS) audit?
- The decontamination of endoscopes for my service is undertaken off-site. Do I still need to provide an IHEEM report?
- My decontamination facility has just opened - do we need to provide an IHEEM report?
- Should our decontamination lead be accountable to the theatre manager or an executive board member?
- Can my unit be accredited if an external person supports our decontamination team?
- Can Infacol be used through the biopsy channel in an Endogator pump?
- Does JAG have any guidance on centralised decontamination?
- If decontamination equipment becomes out of service for a number of days, do the centres where endoscopes are sent for reprocessing need to be JAG accredited?
- Our plan is to move to a pass through washer and the vacuum pack system, is this sufficient or do we still need a drying cabinet?
- Should the 3 hour rule be taken from the disinfection time of the scope or from the time the scope is removed from the AER?