JAG strongly recommends against using an endoscopy unit to care for inpatients as this is likely to have a negative impact on a patient’s privacy and patient experience. We recommend that services read JAG briefing 18/01 ‘Use of endoscopy as an inpatient area’ which clarifies JAG’s position and provides further advice.
Articles in this section
- What are the effects of outsourcing and insourcing on JAG accreditation?
- Can an endoscopy unit be used as an inpatients' facility?
- Can JAG review proposed building layouts and designs for endoscopy services, or provide consultancy?
- How often is the database of accredited services updated?
- How much does an assessment cost?
- How long will it take a service to become accredited?
- Is JAG accreditation transferable?
- What is my service's Best Practice Tariff status?
- Where can I find the JAG accreditation standards?
- Why should my service become JAG accredited?