Setting up trainers and admins to use the website involves a few fundamental steps. It is the responsibility of the trust administrator/training lead to invite individuals to join the Trust and ensure they have been setup with their certification levels set appropriately.
- Go to ‘Trust User Admin’ from the ‘ePortfolio’ menu once you’ve logged on.
- On the ‘Current Organisation Users’ page, scroll to the bottom of the page to ‘Add new user to Organisation’ section.
- Search the individual you wish invite by entering their GMC/NMC number. DO NOT ENTER their name as this will create a duplicate account.
- Once you’ve entered their GMC/GMC, the name and email details will pull through. You will only need to select the hospital name from the ‘New main site’ down drop list.
- Select ‘Trainer/Admin’ or ‘Endoscopist’. You can also select whether the individual should have trust administrator or training lead privileges and Save the information.
NOTE: Endoscopist user can either be an endoscopist, an endoscopist with administrative rights or a non-endoscopist administrator. If the user is not an endoscopist then uncheck the box and leave the ‘Not Admin’ as the default option. Trainer can be immediately added to trainer list.
- Once the invitee has accepted their invitation to join the Trust by clicking the ‘Outstanding Actions’ button on JETS after logging in. The Trust e-Portfolio lead or administrator can then set your certification levels appropriately to allow you access to the certification training screens within JETS.
Setting certification levels
All trainers and trainees will need their certification levels set when they join a trust either by the training lead or trust administrator. The ‘Trust User Admin’ option is only accessible to the trust admin or training lead. If you require admin, trainer or training lead access, you should contact the current lead or admin to amend update your status accordingly.
- Go to the Trust User Admin via ‘ePortoflio’ or ‘Admin’ menu option
If a trainer or trainee has been set up previously at another trust then they will appear on the trust user admin with (asterisk*) next to their certification levels – this means ‘not locally assessed’ and will restrict their ability to add or sign off training lists. Please note that if the trainer/trainee works at different organisations, you still need to set their certification level for your organisation. We are currently in the process of improving this function.
When you edit their certification levels you must untick the small boxes next to the drop downs, as this certifies that they have been locally assessed.