There are several ways a trainer can demonstrate their ability to train, such as:
- attending any Train-the-Trainer (TTT) type course
- undertaking any formal educational qualification
- acting as faculty or faculty observers on any JAG course
- participating in a local assessment/appraisal of their training skills (this may be the local lead reviewing their feedback/performance and recommending an action plan to improve training skills).
JAG is developing two forms of trainer updates which will involve:
- A one-day practical JAG trainer update course
- Online trainer update CPD modules
Ultimately it is up to each individual trust/service to decide the requirements of their trainers, however if your service wishes to be JAG accredited the trainers will need to attend a Train the Trainers course.