When a trainee is considered by the trainer to be ready to sit the DOPS assessments, those assessments (four observed case judgments) can be carried out in any combination of ways that fulfil the following criteria
- Minimum of two assessors
- Minimum of two cases
- Minimum of four DOPS (observations and judgments)
- Within a month
- No assessor is the current primary endoscopic trainer
So this could result in the four DOPS being completed as below (or a variation of the below):
- as a 2 x 2 process simultaneously = 2 assessors over 2 cases
- as a 2 x 2 process sequentially = 2 assessors over 4 cases
- as a 2 x 1 x 1 process = 3 assessors over 4 cases
- as a 1 x 1 x1 x 1 process = 4 assessors over 4 cases
- as a 3 x 1 process sequentially = 2 assessors over 3 cases
A trainee's primary trainer or a trainer who has submitted an appraisal on the trainee within 12 months cannot submit forms.
All DOPS must meet the criteria, if one does not, then the DOPS process (four observed case judgements) must start again.