Because NED will only collate non-patient identifiable data, it won’t be necessary to anonymise data. NED records procedures at endoscopist level and only records a patient’s age and gender, removing the need to anonymise the data from the offset. Consequently it will not be necessary to seek patients consent. Agreement with this has been further supported and obtained by the NRES and the Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG).
Articles in this section
- Can I use my JETS log in for NED?
- What is NED?
- How do I log in to the NED?
- How will NED data be used from a research perspective?
- Where should the Caldicott guardian sign on the Caldicott approval form for NED?
- Will all procedures be automatically exported from NED-compatible ERS to JETS?
- How will data be extracted on to the NED?
- How will data be anonymised on NED?
- Who will see the data on NED?
- What kind of data will be extracted?