Because NED will only collate non-patient identifiable data, it won’t be necessary to anonymise data. NED records procedures at endoscopist level and only records a patient’s age and gender, removing the need to anonymise the data from the offset. Consequently it will not be necessary to seek patients consent. Agreement with this has been further supported and obtained by the NRES and the Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG).
Articles in this section
- Can I use my JETS log in for NED?
- What is NED?
- Does JAG recommend an endoscopy reporting system (ERS)?
- Where can I find information for patients?
- Where can I find a list of KPI's that the NED will capture?
- How do I log in to NED?
- How will NED data be used from a research perspective?
- Where should the Caldicott guardian sign on the Caldicott approval form for NED?
- Will all procedures be automatically exported from NED-compatible ERS to JETS?
- How will data be extracted on to the NED?