Any SpR or StR committed to a career involving practising endoscopy is eligible to access a formal training course and in-house training, without necessarily having (in the case of surgical trainees) an upper or lower GI training number. Nurse and non medical endoscopists can also receive training as long as they have the appropriate support from their unit and trainers.
Articles in this section
- I am already an independent endoscopist. Do I need to get JAG certification?
- What is the JETS ePortfolio?
- I am unable to log in to my JETS account.
- How do I record and run lists for JETS?
- I can't log DOPS or see my certification grid - how do I get access?
- My trainer does not appear in drop down menus.
- If a trainee gets to the terminal ileum, does this count towards caecal intubation rate?
- What does physically assisted mean?
- Is JETS available in Ireland?
- Can anyone committed to a career in endoscopy receive training?