Any SpR or StR committed to a career involving practising endoscopy is eligible to access a formal training course and in-house training, without necessarily having (in the case of surgical trainees) an upper or lower GI training number. Nurse and non medical endoscopists can also receive training as long as they have the appropriate support from their unit and trainers.
Articles in this section
- What are the criteria for completing summative DOPS?
- I am already an independent endoscopist, do I need to get JAG certification?
- What is the JETS ePortfolio?
- I am unable to log in to my JETS account.
- Can anyone committed to a career in endoscopy receive training?
- I am an independent endoscopist, can I get JAG certification for endoscopy?
- I am an independent endoscopist but did not get JAG certification before becoming independent. How can I demonstrate that I am competent when I apply for a new job?
- I have started my endoscopy training in another system/country and I am not yet independent; how can I achieve JAG certification?
- How can I be officially certified as competent?
- How many points should there be on an endoscopy list?